Located a few hours drive west of the San Francisco Bay Area and just north of Yosemite National Park, Lake Tahoe is one of California’s gems. A deep broad lake that is flanked by 8,000 ft plus mountains. Tahoe is a deservedly a popular location year round with legendary winter sports through to hiking, boating spring, summer and fall.
Our recommendations include the following six hikes
Drive up / very easy hike
- W6/NS-290, Big Hill
- W6/NS-397, Tahoe Mountain
- W6/NS-061, Monument Peak using the Gondola at Heavenly
- W6/NS-138, Mt Pluto via Northstar lifts (Winter and Summer)
- W6/SN-039, Leviathan Peak (easy drive up)
- W6/NS-147, Mt Watson
Short Hike (as in < 2 miles, and not a lot of elevation gain)
- W6/NS-248, Pt. 7008
- W6/NS-189, Gold Star Peak
- W6/NS-181, Donner Ridge
- W7N/TR-027, Captian Pomin Rock.
- W6/NS-133, Ellis Peak